Celebrating Diversity

We should all be proud of who we are. We should celebrate our similarities, our differences and those qualities that make us unique.

There are different skin colours, different hair colours, different religions, different types of families… We are one Lostock Family.

What makes you proud to be you? Please write and tell me. Let’s celebrate diversity!

Mrs Guest

36 thoughts on “Celebrating Diversity”

1. I am proud of the country that I have been born in as everyone one is happy and everyone gets along with each other.
    We are all different and look different it would be less fun if everyone was the same.
    I am proud of being me I would want to change a thing.

2. My dad was born in Ireland so I am proud to be half Irish. I can’t wait to visit my grandparents and family there after lockdown ends.

My cousin was adopted from Ethiopia she has amazing hair which I love it.

3. I am proud that I came to this respectful country and kind country when I came to Lostock everyone was being amazing kind and stuff i was shocked but not only the students were awesome the teachers,assistance and obviously head teacher were kind and awesome now I have many friends that have different skin colors, hair colors and eye colors but that doesn’t change our friendship because we are ALL the same !!! ❤️

4. I am happy to be a part mix of all of the island (England,Wales,Scotland) as my dads side grandma is Scottish and one of my mum’s Granddads was Welsh.

5. I am so pleased you feel like this! We are incredibly happy you came to Lostock Primary School!

6. I am proud that my family has a diverse mix of relationship’s, I am very proud that I have my uncle Joe and he is married to my uncle Marcin, they are two boys in love and my auntie Charlie and auntie Ellie are two girls in love, Our family celebrate love – no matter who you are.

7. I like the way I am. I am nice and kind and that is how I enjoy my life. There is no better thing to make me better. I love the world I live in. My neighbours on my street are helpful, joyful and polite. That is the way I like it.

8. I am proud to be me because I have a kind heart and a can do willing attitude and love to make friends. I like being me.

9. I am proud because have got a good attitude towards others,also showing love and caring for others.

Relating well with other people .

10. I am proud to have mixed race friends of my family and friends of every colour in my class. I like that we are all different and have lots of fun together.

My dad is half Northern Irish so that makes me part Northern Irish. I like that I have a kind family and we are kind to everybody.

11. i am proud to be me because i don’t give up and i keep on trying .I am also proud because i have lots of different friends from different backgrounds !

12. I am proud to have such a great family that look after everyone we meet and it wouldn’t matter what race we are wed at least say hi and ask them how they are doing.

13. I am proud to be me because I am different and similar, I am different by having a different religion to my friends, and I just want to point out, it’s not about fitting in with friends or family. It’s about feeling like you are with family or friends, and make sure that you’ve chosen the right, trustworthy friend, who will always be there for you.
    I am proud of my self because I am similar, similar by having the same food in school, and being apart of the lostock family. Next year there will be other members apart of the lostock family, but the people who have left from those past years, are still apart of the lostock family. Like both my sister’s. I love spending time with my family and friends.
    From Ria. Xx

14. I’m unique because I have a stammer and not much people have a stammer. Some people do not understand it and try to make fun of me but I ignore them and carry on because I am resilient. Having a stammer makes me feel really special even though sometimes its hard. I’m happy to be who I am and I am proud!

15. I am proud that I am Asian in Britain because I am part of 2 different cultures so I can watch Bollywood movies and Hollywood movies. I get to learn different languages. I love being me and I love my family for teaching me different things!

16. I am proud of myself because I am kind and like all people.

I am proud of how hard I have worked at school and achieved my goals with the help of my lovely teachers.

Everyone should be treated the same, we are all equal regardless of the colour of our skin or religion.

We are all in this together.

17. I am proud of myself as I am kind, if I can help someone I will always aim to do just that!

During lock down I have completed my home schooling every day and practised fractions repeatedly. This is because my teachers have always helped me so much, so I have worked especially hard for them in return.