Skipton Castle Trip

Year 6 had so much fun at Skipton Castle today. They learnt all about the history of the Castle and they looked in every room. They mostly enjoyed the dungeons!

Which was your favourite part of the trip?

Tell me one amazing fact you learnt.

30 thoughts on “Skipton Castle Trip

1. My favourite part was the dungeon because it was the most interesting fact. People would be down there for average 13 weeks. I thought skipton castle was great!!!

2. It’s was was a really good experience. Later on in the year this will help us so much with our castles work I am so exited. A big thank you to Mrs Wyre and Mrs Melling for sorting this out for us. I can’t wait for our next school trip I wonder what

3. We had a great time at skipton castle and find amazing facts about what happened long time ago at skipton castle
    BEST DAY EVER

4. I REALLY ENJOYED THIS TRIP IT WAS AMAZING, I LEARNT SO MUCH FROM PETER AND HE WAS VERY FUNNY. VALI ENJOYED THE PART WHEN WE WENT INTO THE DUNGEONS. ADAM LIKE THE WAY CASTLE HAVE BEEN BUILT AND HOW LONG IT HAS TOOK TO BUILD.

THIS WAS FROM EVERYBODY ON THE TABLE

5. The part that I liked was when we got to go in the dungeon and the lights went off and the one fact that I leant was that the castle was knocked over by Oliver Cromwell and rebuilt by Lady Anne Clifford.

6. I loved skipton castle I learnt a lot of interesting facts that I didn’t know my favourite part was the dungeon because we switched the light off for a few seconds

7. Fact:The lady of cliffords coat of arms was horse and a leapord,Oliver Cromwell destroyed some of the castle but then the Lady of Clifford came back and told them to build it back up.

8. Loved it!!! Can’t choose wich part was my favourite. Did you know? The poor people were given the burnt bread after it was used to be a plate for the rich !! Xx

9. I loved skipton castle it was amazing I learnt that they have arrow slits so the soldiers can shoot there long bows out and that skipton castle is a French Norman castle and that Des or Mais means hence forward