Skipton Castle Trip

Year 6 had so much fun at Skipton Castle today. They learnt all about the history of the Castle and they looked in every room. They mostly enjoyed the dungeons!

Which was your favourite part of the trip?

Tell me one amazing fact you learnt.

30 Responses to Skipton Castle Trip

1. Hayden Pennington says:

My favourite part was the dungeon because it was the most interesting fact. People would be down there for average 13 weeks. I thought skipton castle was great!!!

2. Diwali pampila says:

I loved this trip it was amazing I wish I could go there again

3. Diwani pampila says:

I love this trip it was amazing I wish I could go there again

4. Nikita Patel says:

I really enjoyed skipton castle because it gave all of us a head start on castles.

5. Rihanna says:

It’s was was a really good experience. Later on in the year this will help us so much with our castles work I am so exited. A big thank you to Mrs Wyre and Mrs Melling for sorting this out for us. I can’t wait for our next school trip I wonder what

6. Fajar says:

We had a great time at skipton castle and find amazing facts about what happened long time ago at skipton castle
    BEST DAY EVER

7. 0322011oh says:

It was a brilliant trip.

8. Toby says:

I REALLY ENJOYED THIS TRIP IT WAS AMAZING, I LEARNT SO MUCH FROM PETER AND HE WAS VERY FUNNY. VALI ENJOYED THE PART WHEN WE WENT INTO THE DUNGEONS. ADAM LIKE THE WAY CASTLE HAVE BEEN BUILT AND HOW LONG IT HAS TOOK TO BUILD.

THIS WAS FROM EVERYBODY ON THE TABLE

9. Ali says:

The part that I liked was when we got to go in the dungeon and the lights went off and the one fact that I leant was that the castle was knocked over by Oliver Cromwell and rebuilt by Lady Anne Clifford.

10. Kiishan says:

I loved skipton castle I learnt a lot of interesting facts that I didn’t know my favourite part was the dungeon because we switched the light off for a few seconds

11. Shahrad says:

I didn’t get to come, but I bet it was amazing !!!

12. Diwani pampila says:

Fact:The lady of cliffords coat of arms was horse and a leapord,Oliver Cromwell destroyed some of the castle but then the Lady of Clifford came back and told them to build it back up.

13. Theo says:

I enjoyed the trip because it had a lot of thing to do. It was fun. Except the journey was long.

14. Izzy says:

Loved it!!! Can’t choose wich part was my favourite. Did you know? The poor people were given the burnt bread after it was used to be a plate for the rich !! Xx

15. Daisy says:

I enjoyed skipton castle because we learnt a lot about it

16. Osvaldo says:

It was a brilliant trip! One of the best I’ve ever been too so I hope it will stay there for another 1000 years

17. Kian Watson says:

I was gutted to miss the trip but I was happy for everyone who went

18. I really enjoyed skipton castle it was fun to learn all of the history

19. I really enjoyed skipton castle because I gave us great facts to start of and our curriculum

20. Amelia says:

I loved skipton castle it was amazing I learnt that they have arrow slits so the soldiers can shoot there long bows out and that skipton castle is a French Norman castle and that Des or Mais means hence forward

21. Rihanna says:

i loved it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Oliver says:

The trip to skipton castle looks fun and educational I wish I was there

23. Oscar says:

One of the best trips

24. Laura says:

I really enjoyed it and I think the best park was the dungeon because it was all dark and spooky

25. Hayden says:

I loved Skipton castle the features of the castle are amazing I would love to go again

26. Oscar says:

I’m happy to of not been around when all of the chaos happened