Our trip to Tatton Park

We had a fantastic day today at Tatton Park. We visited an Anglo-Saxon settlement where we trained as warriors, ground flour to make flatbreads and weaved a braid in order to trade goods.

After lunch, we learnt so much about the deer at Tatton and visited all the animals on the farm. What a great day!

What was everyone’s favourite part? What did you learn?

30 thoughts on “Our trip to Tatton Park

1. I learnt that deers were quite a popular animal for the Anglo-Saxons. Also that children were used in battle. My favourite part was training to be an Anglo-Saxon warrior. I never thought I would experience that.

2. I had learnt that deers antlers fall off in March. Because before that I thought that the Anglo-Saxons killed the deer and then got the antlers. My favourite thing what we did was probably the trading. It was my favourite trip so far!

3. Thanks to Miss Clarke and Mrs Brockley and Mrs Booth for planing our school trip and taking us on the school trip . I really enjoyed the Anglo Saxon school trip thanks again

• yes i loved it i think it is the best so for for me and on the way to the trip it was also fun becsuse charlotte and myself played a really fun game which is good for english because it had adjectivs in it and you have to describe your cat. thankyou mrs booth miss clarke and mrs brockly for the best trip ever.

4. Thanks to Miss Clarke and Mrs Brockley and Mrs Booth for planning our school trip.Unfortunutly Mrs Booth wasn’t hear so she couldn’t be at the school trip.

5. I loved our trip because I learnt so much and my faverate bit was warrior training.I learnt that deer antlers fall of in march and deers were very important to Anglo-Saxons this was in the after noon in the morning we split into 3 groups and first I learnt why and how to weave next worrier training and finally flat bread making also at the end we saw the animals and learnt a phew things about them as well.(the pigs were very fat !!!!

6. I learnt lots about the Anglo Saxons from tatton park and I hope we can go on another school trip in year5 it was awesome and interesting

7. When I went on this trip, I felt extremely excited because I knew that animals could roam where very they wanted…

I think this trip was brilliant!

8. Tattoo park was so amazing I loved it so much I wish I was still there right now.BUt I don’t want it to be my home even though I can sleep anywhere I would be super creepy.

9. Tatton Park was amazing I love the little baby pigs and on the way me and phoebe was playing a game called my cat it’s Discribeing words I all ways play it. At Tatton Park we learnt how to weath but first we learnt how to make flower you get some ots and get a big stone and crush the ots the last thing we did was learn about deer skin