Our trip to Tatton Park

We had a fantastic day today at Tatton Park. We visited an Anglo-Saxon settlement where we trained as warriors, ground flour to make flatbreads and weaved a braid in order to trade goods.

After lunch, we learnt so much about the deer at Tatton and visited all the animals on the farm. What a great day!

What was everyone’s favourite part? What did you learn?

30 Responses to Our trip to Tatton Park

1. Sebastian says:

Our trip was so amazing.

2. Adnaan Hajee says:

I learnt that deers were quite a popular animal for the Anglo-Saxons. Also that children were used in battle. My favourite part was training to be an Anglo-Saxon warrior. I never thought I would experience that.

3. Xavier says:

I had learnt that deers antlers fall off in March. Because before that I thought that the Anglo-Saxons killed the deer and then got the antlers. My favourite thing what we did was probably the trading. It was my favourite trip so far!

4. Jake says:

Thanks to Miss Clarke and Mrs Brockley and Mrs Booth for planing our school trip and taking us on the school trip . I really enjoyed the Anglo Saxon school trip thanks again

• phoebe says:

yes i loved it i think it is the best so for for me and on the way to the trip it was also fun becsuse charlotte and myself played a really fun game which is good for english because it had adjectivs in it and you have to describe your cat. thankyou mrs booth miss clarke and mrs brockly for the best trip ever.

5. Annabelle says:

Thanks to Miss Clarke and Mrs Brockley and Mrs Booth for planning our school trip.Unfortunutly Mrs Booth wasn’t hear so she couldn’t be at the school trip.

6. Zane says:

I loved our trip because I learnt so much and my faverate bit was warrior training.I learnt that deer antlers fall of in march and deers were very important to Anglo-Saxons this was in the after noon in the morning we split into 3 groups and first I learnt why and how to weave next worrier training and finally flat bread making also at the end we saw the animals and learnt a phew things about them as well.(the pigs were very fat !!!!

7. Abigail cat says:

It was so fun we also learnt how to make flat bread and braids

8. James says:

I really liked our class trip to Tatton park

9. Jasper platt says:

Our trip to Tatton Park was really fun and amazing

10. Toby says:

I liked Tatton park it was fun I hope we can go again it was the best

11. James says:

I learnt lots on our class trip

12. Samar says:

I learnt lots about the Anglo Saxons from tatton park and I hope we can go on another school trip in year5 it was awesome and interesting

13. Harry says:

When I went on this trip, I felt extremely excited because I knew that animals could roam where very they wanted…

I think this trip was brilliant!

14. kaden short says:

the trip was totally amazing because we were outside all day…… we made flat breads, looked at weapons and lots more!

15. Kennedy says:

My favourite part was when we did the braiding.

16. Ruby says:

BEST DAY EVER

17. jack l says:

i so wish i was there

18. kaden says:

i loved the school trip to tatten park

19. kaden says:

tatton park was amazing

20. Phoebe says:

I wish we could go again and me and charlotte could teach other people that English game.

21. Phoebe says:

My favrouite pig was the fat one.

22. Phoebe says:

I wish we could go again it was that fun and amazing.

23. Phoebe says:

Tattoo park was so amazing I loved it so much I wish I was still there right now.BUt I don’t want it to be my home even though I can sleep anywhere I would be super creepy.

24. Leona says:

I enjoyed our school trip

25. Phoebe says:

Tattoo park was just super dooper.

26. Charlotte says:

Tatton Park was amazing I love the little baby pigs and on the way me and phoebe was playing a game called my cat it’s Discribeing words I all ways play it. At Tatton Park we learnt how to weath but first we learnt how to make flower you get some ots and get a big stone and crush the ots the last thing we did was learn about deer skin

27. Phoebe says:

I liked when we did a competition to see who could crush the oat seed into to flour the best I liked that bit.

28. Ruby says:

BEST TRIP EVER!!!!!!!

29. Charlie says:

It was so good